Why You Should Invest in a Dry Robe
Dry robes are no longer the exclusive domain of those participating in water sports. They are now popular with many more sports men and women as well as sports spectator, dog walkers and anyone who simply enjoys spending time outdoors no matter what the weather.
The main benefit of a Dry Robe is that this front zipping robe combines both a warm, advanced towel lining with a waterproof and windproof protective outer layer. Available in long or short sleeve versions, these robes have been specifically designed to make it easy to pull your arms in and get changed inside.
Sharks Swim & Triathlon are one of the main suppliers of Dry Robes to customers across South West Wales. We have just taken delivery of these popular robes, including some trendy new colours. This will be our last delivery before Christmas so if you’re looking to buy one for yourself or as a present, don’t leave it too late as they are already flying out of the doors .
In addition to Dry Robe coats, we also stock the popular towelling poncho changing robes which are ideal for swimmers, surfers or anyone else who needs to keep warm whilst changing outdoor. See our full range here.
Benefits of Buying a Dry Robe
According to the Dry Robe website, “once you have a dryrobe® change robe you will not believe how many uses you’ll find for it.” This website also includes a comprehensive list of the feature and benefits which make a Dry Robe the best change robe money can buy as follows:
- Warmth: this is the single most important reason that the Dry Robe came into existence! A simple realisation that there was a need to find a way to stay warm while changing outdoors. The super-warm, 100% recycled, synthetic lambswool lining in the Dry Robe Advance for example helps get your core temperature up quickly and keeps you toasty.
- Waterproof: the most important action you can take to start your recovery from the cold is to get out of the wind, get dry and warm. The 100% recycled outer shell of a Dry Robe coat is waterproof and completely windproof, giving you complete protection from the elements.
- Full-Length Zip Front: all Dry Robe changing robes feature a full length, super-strong chunky YKK® zipper on the front for fast, easy entry and exit. This crucial difference really separates the Dry Robe coat from surf ponchos and towel robes with over the head access. The two-way zip can also be conveniently operated from either the inside or outside of the change robe.
- Moisture Control Lining: a Dry Robe uses a 100% recycled synthetic lambswool lining that draws the water away from your skin, drying you instantly while insulating you and making you feel unbelievably warm. It doesn’t actually absorb water but wicks it off your skin, so you can put it on over a wet wetsuit and it won’t get damp as it does not absorb the water. When you then take the wetsuit off inside the a Dry Robe change robe (or as soon as it touches wet skin) it will warm you by drawing any moisture away from the skin into the heat insulating pile of the lining, removing the moisture through the natural venting due to the garment’s construction.
- Unique design: The Dry Robe design is a massive improvement on more conventional, old-style, square-shaped robes - which provide no warmth for the arms and allows wind/cold air into the change space. The unique design provides simple entry and exit of your arms whilst changing, and the sleeve covers the opening when your arms are inside. This protects you from the wind chill and rain. Once you are changed and your hands are buried in the deep fleece-lined pockets, your arms are almost completely covered too. What’s more, the whole garment is made from one huge sheet of durable recycled nylon, then the hood is added to keep the seams to a minimum and to maximise both strength and waterproofing. It’s one tough bit of kit that’s designed to last.
Sharks Swim & Triathlon
As mentioned, we have just taken delivery of our pre-Christmas stock of Dry Robes. At Sharks Swim & Triathlon we also stock a selection of Charlie McLeod Sports coats and a huge range of Swimzi’s – all for adults and children alike.
You can get your sports robe or Swimzi via our online store here or you can pop into our shop in Phoenix Way Garngoch Industrial Estate, Gorseinon, Penllergaer, Swansea SA4 9WF.